The Universidad San Pablo CEU is one of the most prestigious private university institutions in Europe. With more than 75 years of academic excellence, it has more than 20 educational centers and more than 200 official teachings. The campus of Madrid is located in Moncloa, where the faculties of Economic and Business Sciences, Law and Humanities and Communication Sciences are located. The University is also involved in a series of academic exchange programs, internships and international projects with more than 200 institutions of higher education in Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia.
Challenges of ICT and educational innovation. The post-COVID-19 era.
As the COVID-19 health crisis spread to different areas and sectors worldwide, the resulting recession is very likely to be the deepest for advanced economies since World War II and a major obstacle in emerging economies and development, as Ayhan Kose, director of the World Bank's Outlook Group points out.
In terms of education, the World Health Organization (WHO, 2019), informs us that more than 861.7 million children and young people in 119 countries have been affected adversely by having to face the health crisis. In the United States alone, more than 1.7 million families have had to adapt to homeschooling. On the other hand, there are cities where 70% of the students come from low-income families, which means that this group of students is facing the digital gap, simply put-they cannot continue their studies due to lack of technology and connectivity in their homes necessary for online learning.
However, one of the few constructive lessons that we can draw from the COVID-19 crisis is that it has helped to break down many barriers and prejudices that existed around technology in education. Digital environments help both students and teachers to relate and communicate in a fluid and transparent way, and also allows them, among other benefits, to transform the way of learning and teaching by implementing fascinating technologies such as virtual and augmented reality or learning to work collaboratively in a remote setting. This will certainly be the post COVID era.
In this edition of the International Conference on Technologies in Education, collectively, we intend to reflect on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and the concept of innovation in education. In the face of the various challenges that may arise in the short, medium, and long term at the universal level and to the enormous transformations that are generated in the context of globalization and technological -advancement.
It will be a setting for opportunities to present and share, current and emerging knowledge related to the extraordinary situation in which the pandemic has engulfed all dimensions of human beings and society.
Prof. Cándida Filgueira Arias, PhD – Universidad CEU San Pablo (Spain)
Filgueira Candida Arias , PhD in Clinical Psychology , associate professor of the Faculty of Humanities and Communication Sciences in grades Preschool and Primary San Pablo CEU University professor , is director of the Master in Teacher Training for E.S.O. and high schools , has over twenty years of experience in university libraries , teaching courses in information skills and related topics in the fields of teaching and education, counseling School Parents, etc. He has directed several works to Master and Grade . He has participated in teacher training both nursery, primary , secondary and university in the fields of teaching methodology, information skills , systematic observation , research and innovation and TIC.
To be announced.
- Marcelo Emilio Bianchi Bustos, Universidad Argentina J. F. Kennedy, Argentina.
- Henry Aberto Chero Valdivieso, Universidad Católica Los Angeles de Chimbote, Peru.
- Marisol Cipagauta, Corporación Universitaria Minuto de Dios, Colombia.
- Aleska Cordero, Universidad Nacional Abierta, Venezuela.
- Gloria Inés Figueroa Correa, Universidad Paul Valéry, France.
- Candida Filgueira Arias, Universidad CEU San Pablo, Spain.
- Karim Javier Gherab Martín, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain.
- Judith Schneider, Centro de Atención Desarrollo Infantil Campana, Argentina.
- Magda Pereira Pinto, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Miriam Persiani de Santamarina, Jardín de Infantes Campana, Argentina.
- Nancy Viana Vázquez, Universidad de Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico, USA.
- Salvador Ponce Ceballos, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California Mexicali, Mexico.
- Antônio Vanderlei dos Santos, Universidade Regional Integrada, Brazil.