How does a Virtual Conference work?
The platform hosts virtual conferences devoted to a range of academic disciplines, as well as highly specialized topics. Each virtual conference has keynote speakers and a series of thematic sessions scheduled in virtual rooms according to their topics. Presentations are delivered by live videoconference (WEBINAR format), but they are also recorded and remain available for attendees to view (on demand) for one year. Participants may attend as listeners or as speakers.
What is a thematic session like?
In a thematic session, each virtual room will have 4 speakers and an unlimited number of listeners. Each speaker will connect to the room and present his or her work in WEBINAR format (live) for 15 minutes, supported with slides (e.g., PowerPoint) or speaking directly to the camera on their device. Each room will have a moderator who will introduce the speakers, keep time, and moderate questions from attendees for 20 minutes at the end of the session.
Attendees are NOT permitted to activate their microphones or cameras during presentations.
- You will need a microphone if you wish to participate in the debate at the end of the session. Please check beforehand that it is set up correctly.
- It is important that you use the latest version of your browser: CHROME, FIREFOX/MOZILLA, SAFARI. You can check your currently installed version here.
- The minimum recommended upload speed is +1Mbps (however, you will be able to access the room with a lower speed, although this may affect the audio/video).
How to participate
- Check the technical requirements. Check the technical requirements for your computer and internet connection, below.
- Register for the conference.
- Check the programme. 1 month before the start of the conference, the scientific committee will send you a notification email with the programme of sessions and links to the virtual rooms.
If you do not have sufficient network speed, or if it is unstable, you might encounter technical difficulties in the room, including connection loss and deficient audio and recordings. You can check your network speed at speedof.me.
Certificate of participation
This certificate will show the participant’s details as given at the time of payment for conference registration. The certificate will be sent in digital format by email within one month from the end of the conference.
If you find an error in the certificate, you may request a new one at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may pay for registration by credit or debit card or by bank transfer.
Cancellation and refund policy
Should you be unable to participate in the conference, and if you cannot transfer your registration to another person, you may request a refund of your registration fee. To do so you must send us a request through our contact form.
The refundable amount will depend on the date on which we receive your request and on the type of refund:
1. Money refund
If you present your refund request 15 days before the first day of the Conference, or earlier, you will be refunded 80% of your registration fee.
If you present your refund request fewer than 15 days before the first day of the Conference, you will not receive a refund.
It may take up to 90 days to process your refund.
Money refunds will be done through the same method that was used for the original payment (PayPal, credit card or bank transfer).
2. Refund in MyGKA points (1 EUR/USD = 1 Point)
You may present your refund request at any time before the first day of the Conference. You will be refunded 80% of your registration fee in GKA points (with no expiry date).
Your refund will be done immediately.